*First a comment:
Sylvia and I have continued working on our “Time Machine” song, almost every day, over the last week or so. I’ve now done 49 “Takes” (re-recordings) of various parts… but almost all of them were “drum” parts.
I’m now at the point where I can play the entire drum part and remember how each section changes just before the song gets there. I still make mistakes and I still need to “audio clues” that I created but we’re just about down to fine-tuning some of the drum-fills and practicing the drum parts until they’re perfect.
- The “audio clues” I made are short, fairly high-pitched drum “blips”, which I’ve placed near a song change that I want to be aware of. This is then played in my headphones and not recorded with the drums that I’m playing for that part but on a different Track. (So, 2-Tracks… 1 plays the “clue” the other records my live playing of my drums.)
So I no longer find myself “dragging my feet”, when it’s Time to work on “Time Machine”. The drum part is so complicated, it just overwhelmed me. Before Sylvia crossed-over, I could have been much more “mentally-ready” for this project, and that drum part. Each section of the drum part is not physically challenging. It’s the points where the “rhythm”, “tempo” and / or “drum sounds” change. THOSE are the challenging areas. Apple’s “GarageBand” software helps to a point. For example, although it allows us to change the “Tempo” (speed), it doesn’t allow us to indicate that this song moves from 4/4 to 3/4 to 4/4 to 5/4 to 4/4. This is where my “clues” help. Some of the “visual” changes on the screen, as it’s recording, help but the computer screen is BEHIND me. So I have to remember all the parts, which round, black, Drum Pads are set for which sounds and remember to switch between 2 different Bass Drum pedals… twice, during the song!
Sylvia and I have made a few “sonic” changes in the drum parts, since the last Time I included our progress. When we did this, I needed at least 2 more (than we have) electronic drums. So, I simply used the “drum technology” that we DO have to make this work…
- On 1 of the Drum Pads (electronic striking surface, like a real drum), I told its “drum brain” to use 2 different sounds. In this case, it’s a “Wood Block” and a high-pitched “cymbal”, which sounds similar to an “Orchestra Triangle”. I also adjusted the settings so the Wood Block is only heard when I hit that Pad with soft-to-medium force but not to produce that sound when I hit that Pad harder. I then set the harder drum-strike, so only the Triangle sound is heard but not the Wood Block.
- So, although 1 Drum Pad can be used as “2”, I have to be careful of how much force I use to strike that particular Pad.
I’m including this as ‘extra credit’. It doesn’t apply to my quest of “when” My Sylvia and I will be together again and it isn’t necessarily what I would consider “bonus” information (which is something “I” feel you may want to know about, in regard to the current world we live in)
Although you may get something out of the information on the linked page below, this is more of a message to “me” and how anyone can read the Signs around them if they simply open their mind and pay attention to their immediate environment.
- On Saturday, while Sylvia and I were working in the grocery store, a guy came in. We saw him talking to an Assistant Manager. The guy looked like a Shoplifter I had verbally thrown out of the building at least twice, many months ago. I wasn’t completely sure it was him because he was now wearing a thick hat, eye-glasses and a beard. He’s been known to change his appearance but what caught my attention is something he can’t really hide… his “limp”.
- I’m still not 100-percent sure it was the same person but it caused my mind to drop-down into the lower energies for most of yesterday and today. Not a place I want to spend my Time.
- I used to be “security” for the entire building, which had 3 businesses in it when Sylvia and I started working there. Once the grocery store hired its own Guard, Sylvia suggested I not interfere with anything and to let the Guard and management handle those types of situations.
- What bothered me was my “possibly” getting involved again… just because of the situation. On Saturday, that guy came in “I” was the only person in the building who “could” and “would” deal with that situation. So I kept thinking… If that guy comes in again and it’s the same type of situation in the building, “I’m” going to have to get involved. I really don’t want to do it. Even when I was pressured to take-on the building’s security, I really didn’t like turning on those Sensors (within me) and pulling-up those “how to deal with a bad situation” energies. It’s all negative energy and very draining.
So the reason I’m including the following link is because of this paragraph:
- “This Symbol shows that there may be a temptation to take on issues, even to fight, but it needs to be with dignity and regulation. You may feel a need, or the urge, to step up to the plate and take something or someone on. There are rules to follow and often others will be end up being the judge of the final outcome. Make sure you possess the skills and training to defend what you believe. Remember that sometimes you need to back off if you’re not winning a contest. Question: are you more on the attack or on the defense?”
Although that link is to an Astrology article, I could clearly see that this paragraph was talking directly to “me”.
I’m sharing this because it’s something Sylvia and I are currently working on… and, to show others how to recognize the various Signs which sometimes float across our Path. There’s a saying:
- “Out of the mouths of babes”
…which means, sometimes even the youngest or most un-informed person can provide you with the greatest pearl of wisdom.
- Many years ago, Sylvia told me of just such a happening… She was taking a night class, in the “Science Of Mind” church, where she was the Music Director. The class was over and several people were mingling in a larger room. At one point, a guy, who appeared to be on drugs, walked past her carrying a “Urantia Book”.
- Noticing that he was very much “out of it”, Sylvia was not only surprised that he actually spoke to her but his words provided her with a very helpful insight. (I don’t remember what that was but it made a big impression on Sylvia.)
Here’s the link to the Astrology article:
Here’s the link to the Urantia Book: